Welcome!

I invite intelligent, thoughtful debate. I believe in hearing the whole story. The only way to understand each other is to listen first and respond second. I will not tolerate uncivil behavior in any form. Don't dismiss an opinion simply because you do not share it. Read, research and learn the truth for yourself instead of simply adopting a party line.
There was a time when Congress used the words, "The Distinguished Gentleman" and really meant it. Let's try to live by that ideal.
Since I'm also a lover of music and a musician, I will add musical content as a way to add some sonic color to the page as well. Enjoy!

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Excorcising The Demons In The Health Care Debate

As massive an undertaking as this may prove to be, I'm going to attempt to boil it down as simply as I can in a four part study on the debate from it's quiet beginnings to where it stands right now.
The Congress, for the most part, has gone on break and returned to their home districts to listen to the voice of the people on the issues at hand. In the coming weeks we can expect to hear more about "angry mobs" wreaking havoc at town hall meetings. I thought this would be a good opportunity to lay the case out as best I can as to why reforming something as big and as important as health care at a time when we're already faced with crushing debt and out of control unemployment numbers, is dangerous and misguided.

This will take an extraordinary amount of research to complete but I'll lay out the major points briefly.

I The Creation Of A Crisis
A.Talking down and taking down the current system
1.The numbers game
2.The facts

II The Formation Of The Plan And It's Advisers
A. The fiscal group
B. The medical/philosophical group

III The First Bill
A. What we were told
1. Initial poll numbers
2. The critics
B. The Truth We Learned
1. Aftershocks
2. "Angry mobs" and "astro-turfing"
C The meltdown
1. Backpedaling
2. The blame game

IV Final Analysis

This will either prove to be the best thing I've ever written or my worst nightmare. I've devoured so much information on the subject in the last few weeks and I've debated it myself and heard many of the opposing viewpoints so I think I have a strong grasp on the subject matter. My only wish is to lay it all out in a format that's easy to understand. It's difficult sometimes, during the frenzy of a national debate, to remember how it all started in order to see the contrast of where we are. I will try to remain as neutral as I can but my own feelings on the necessity for reform is quite apparent. My own views are inevitably going to sneak in. Since this is my own opinion, my own opinions will factor in.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's keep it civil. No foul language, no name calling and NO CONSPIRACY NUTS!

Losing my mind on some Jimi Hendrix

Stevie Ray Vaughn, "Riviera Paradise"

Followers